Sunday, August 3, 2008

Hand-Dyed Lace

This pic shows a few yards of rayon lace that was dyed with three colors using our RibbonSmyth Rainbow Dyes. I used Antique Gold, Victorian Rose and Pansy and probably added some Topaz to the Victorian Rose. I do not keep formulas but do test what is loaded on my brush on a white paper towel or foam paper plate before I touch the lace. Wet the lace first but the lace should only be damp. Use a one inch foam brush loaded with dye and swipe different areas of the lace until all the lace has been dyed. Do not move the lace. Allow it to air-dry, then heat set with an iron. I dyed this lace outside on top of a shower curtain. Probably spent a couple of minutes dyeing this batch. This is old vintage lace probably purchased at an estate sale years ago. I think now it will trim a denim jacket.

No comments: