Friday, July 3, 2009

Clemantis around the farm bell


Another shot of our farm bell with the barn in the back-ground. Our barn is a typical Pennsylvania Bank Barn. It is three stories tall with stalls for the animals on the first floor. The RibbonSmyth Studio is on the second floor. In the front of the barn is a bank of land, thus the name bank barn, where farmers would drive their tractors into the second floor of the barn and store hay on the third floor.
There are few bank barns left in Bucks County. Due to their age, most burn down. When we bought the farm, the second floor was a basketball court, built for the previous owner's sons. We renovated the second floor to accomodate my studio. And the barn is haunted...

2 comments:

Wildflowerhouse said...

I am so glad to have found your blog. Ispent the weekend using the beautiful ribbons I ordered from you. Such lush colors.I am in heaven. Sharon

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Sharon, thanks a million. you made my day.