Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mermaid Seascape in Quilting Arts

Quilting Arts 2001 CD Collection

My Mermaid Seascape, featured far left was designed for Quilting Arts Magazine, during their first year of publication. This piece along with other embellished pieces are now available through a newly released  CD.

The seascape was a pleasure to design. I made tiny clay shells for ears and used vintage silver sequins, stitched in layers for her tail. The fan on her tail is made with vintage French wire-edge ribbon. I made small stuffed velvet pods for the ocean floor and the trunk was created from vintage brown paisley fabric. The fish and seahorses were created from techniques I featured in my book "The New Ribbon Embroidery". How nice to see Quilting Arts showcase techniques from 2001!

No comments: