Sunday, June 26, 2011

Shabby Chic Heart Hanging

This is a small shabby chic heart that I designed for some class proposals.
I laid pieces of hand-dyed paper dyed with Rainbow Dyes, over the heart and then fused one of RibbonSmyth's Vintage images to the fabric ground. The fusible image anchored everything to the fabric. Then I needle felted FiberFusion around the entire design. The FiberFusion is much lighter and airier than wool, which gives a softer, blended appearance. I added a maple leaf made out of FiberFusion to the left side of the vintage image.
Encircled the vintage image with bias-cut silk ribbon and needle felted lace around the piece and finished with metal thread couching and an assortment of Japanese Mother of Pearl Disks. I made a hanger and bows using RibbonSmyth hand-dyed rayon tape in celery green.
Too much fun!

No comments: