Saturday, August 6, 2011

Protect this Woman #1 Fabric PostCard

I'm such a huge fan of fabric postcards, guess that's obvious! I'm turning one of my rooms, in my studio, into a space for jewelry components, and I found these cards that I made in 2009, while cleaning and tossing! Will put them onto Etsy perhaps. I've used bits of fabric remnants, a RibbonSmyth Vintage Fusible image, a little of the Old Rose Silk Ribbon assortment and assorted beads. I do all my crazy quilt piecing onto baby flannel, much easier to work with than muslin and it gives a bit of stability to the card.  And curved piecing is a snap with postcards! Cut out curved fabric pieces and baste to the flannel. Couch a trim over the curved fabric edge!

2 comments:

Mosaic Magpie said...

Thanks for the tip about using flannel! I had not thought of that but it would be so much nicer than muslin.
Deb

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Deb, I use flannel for all my cq! I'm a thrift store addict, and usually purchase baby flannel there, because of the price. It dyes beautifully too; but once you try it for CQ, that is all you will use!

As always, thanks for checking out my blog!
vic