Monday, March 25, 2013

Wire-edge ribbon and Velvet leaves Collage with Butterfly

 
I've never met a French Poscard, that I didn't like!
Here's one of our fusible vintage post card images, ironed onto moss doupioni silk and then embellished.
I cut pieces of heavy netting from a wedding gown, and basted around the card.  Adding  1950's Japanese mother-of-pearl disks, tacked on top of the netting, creates movement in the collage. Then add a velvet butterfly to the silk fabric. The velvet butterflies are created from silk velvet using century-old German presses. I tinted the butterfly using a cosmetic sponge and stamp pad ink. Different inks layered, create vintage shades. Amethyst seed beads are stitched into the body of the butterfly.


2 comments:

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Vic I love this!!! Gotta pay your shop a visit and get some of those butterfly's!


Terri Lee Takacs said...

Vic I love this! I gotta get over to your shop and get some of those butterfly's!