Saturday, March 21, 2015

Lace collage Embellished Denim Jacket

This is a denim collage-embellished jacket that I made for Rengin Yazitas. It was a treat to create it for such a nice person. The last piece I designed for Rengin, was a pillow made with vintage embroideries and the pillow never arrived. I hope someone has it, and that it was not destroyed, while processing through Customs.   So this jacket is shipping via UPS and I will hold my breath until it arrives.
 
On the back of the jacket is a copy of an 1873 fashion plate, taken from one of my vintage magazines. I used pieces from a bodice of a wedding gown as well as pieces of table scarves and lace doilies. All were dyed, along with several yards of double-faced Swiss silk satin. I dyed some vintage velvet yardage as well. In one of the lace motifs, I stitched a small 1920's Czech turquoise bead, that I bought at a Paris flea market. I finished the jacket, by stitching a small label to the inside of the jacket.  The photos of the jacket will be submitted to several magazines for future inclusion. Now to make several more!



2 comments:

mary said...

just was on Rengin's site and she had on this beautiful jacket - tremendous job just lovely!! Mary in austin

Victoria Adams Brown said...

Mary, thank you!